Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Nail & Cuticle Treatments and other Nailcare topics.
With summer in season, it's time to focus on pretty feet and toes for your bare feet moments. Pamper your feet for summer with a home spa pedicure. Here are some tips to create a luxurious home spa atmosphere at a fraction of the spa pedicure cost, courtesy of Ladies Home Journal:
1. Fill a tub or foot bath with warm water and drop you favorite bath salts. Some common soothing scents: lavender, vanilla, jasmine. Bath salts soften up dry skin and also provide a soothing atmosphere. Add a tablespoon of olive oil and soak your feet for 10-15 minutes - olive oil acts as a moisturizer for your skin.
2. Massage an exfoliating body scrub into the bottoms of your feet. You can purchase a body scrub from any drug store or beauty supply store. Using a pumice stone surface foot brush, scrub the soles and balls of your feet with the scrub on. This will lessen the appearance of any calluses and slough away dead skin cells. Rinse your feet with cool water.
3. Trim your toenails, cutting them in a square shape to prevent ingrown nails. Gently push back cuticles but never cut your cuticles. Cuticles are necessary for keeping bacteria from entering the skin.
4. Dry off your feet with towel and apply a foot cream. Most common fragrances are peppermint or lemongrass. Massage the foot cream from your toes through your calves.
5. Finish off with your favorite toe nail color. First apply a base coat and then two coats of your favorite polish, followed by a top coat. After your nails have dried (at least 30 minutes), rub a small amount of cuticle oil into your cuticles and nail beds.