Getting a manicure every week isn't necessary for proper maintenance of your nails. Here are a few simple tips for perfecting a polish change, which will make it look like your nails had a complete manicure makeover:
1. Remove all nail polish with acetone-free nail polish remover and wash hands thoroughly so there are no traces of lint left behind.
2. Apply one coat of base coat polish to your natural nail, or to the exposed area of artificial nails. For artificial nails, make sure to apply a base coat formulated for acrylics.
3. Apply your favorite shade of nail color and allow a few minutes to let dry before applying the second coat of nail color to your nails. 4. Use a top coat to seal in your color and protect your nails.
5. If you notice polish on your skin or cuticles, dip a small Q-tip or wooden stick in some nail polish remover and wipe away any leftover polish on your skin.
6. Apply one drop of cuticle oil to each cuticle.
|Jennifer Mathes, Ph.D.|